Mexican cheese dip is a delicious cheese sauce style-dip served in many Mexican restaurants. This Mexican cheese dip is simple and easy to make yet so versatile and delicious.
Whenever I visit Mexican restaurants, I always order the Queso dip, and I cannot go without it. It is creamy, smooth,a bit spicy and genuinely addictive.
My readers know whenever I taste something amazing at a restaurant, I like to go home and try to re-create it. So, I decided to make this cheesy dip at home and was amazed by just how easy it is to make – all you need is a couple of ingredients and a saucepan, and you can have your own Mexican cheese dip on the table.
This is one of the most authentic Mexican cheese dip recipesyou will find. In my home, this Mexican cheese dip is a food staple for parties and family get-togethers. You can never go wrong with serving a hot and creamy cheese dip at a party.
Also, during any football matches, if I don’t serve this to my three boys, then they are not happy. You are also going to love this super simple recipe for Mexican cheese dip, just like I do.
My recipe for Mexican cheese dip is unique, I don’t use American cheese or Velveeta, but I use Mexican shredded cheese. Mexican shred blend is the secret ingredient in my recipe.
Tips for Mexican cheese dip
- I love having cheese dip with tacos and tortilla chips, but other delicious dipping options are grilled vegetables, roasted chicken, or on top of homemade nachos. Cheese dips make boring vegetables taste good.
- Usually, I don’t make cheese dip spicy because I make it for my kids, so I don’t use any salsa. But if you want your cheese dip to be spicy, use green chillies, red salsa or jalapeños.
How to Make Mexican Queso Dip
To make Mexican cheese dip, you will just need Mexican shredded cheese, butter, milk, and some spices. That’s it. I prefer buying Mexican shredded cheese from Pure Dairy. Their four cheese blend includes natural cheddar, Monterey Jack, Asadero, and Queso Quesadilla.
The taste and texture of Pure Dairy Mexican Shred Blendis perfectly balanced. The sharpness of the cheddar, beautiful melt – ability of Monterey Jack, and the creamy and smooth texture of Asadero makes this cheese dip the absolute best.
Mexican Shred Blend 2 cups
Butter 1 tablespoon
Milk 1 cup
Green chillies 1 cup, finely chopped
Cumin 2 teaspoons
Garlic powder 2 teaspoons
Onion powder 2 teaspoons
Pepper to taste
- Heat a saucepan over a low flame.
- Once the pan is heated, add butter.
- Add milk and Mexican shred blend after the butter is melted.
- Stir frequently until the cheese is melted.
- Stir in cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, green chilies, and pepper.
- Mix well and add some more milk if the cheese dip seems thick.
- Garnish with some coriander and serve immediately.